Thursday, April 8, 2010

2010 Heritage Blaster Break

Had the pleasure of opening a 2010 Heritage blaster box Wednesday night; I couldn't pass up the urge to buy one as my wife and I were in Target. Obviously, it was purchased in part to fix my baseball card jones, but I was also hoping that it would provide me with at least a few cards needed for my base set. I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'll try to get all the SPs. There's so many other things I'm trying to pick up, and not enough time nor money.
Here are the goods...
Pack 1:
Baltimore Orioles team card
Nolan Reimold
Kendry Morales
Carlos Beltran
2009 A.L. Wins League Leaders
Then and Now Whitey Ford/Felix Hernandez













-I really like the Then and Now subset; I think it's one of the better ones I've seen over the years.


Jeff Niemann
Kyle Banks

Pack 2:
Josh Willingham
Lance Berkman
Trevor Cahill
Zack Greinke- New Age Performers
2009 World Series-Matsui Named MVP
Brad Kilby
Juan Rivera
Mark Teixeira

How ironic: as I was opening the blaster, I was watching the Cubs/Braves game, with Ryan Dempster mowing down Brave after Brave...

Pack 3:
Ryan Dempster
Tony LaRussa
Adam Everett
Matt Holiday
Pujols-Wright/Diamond Corners
Check List-4th Series
Chris Davis
Albert Pujols-Topps All Stars (SP)

Pack 4:
Erick Aybar
Edwin Jackson
Geovany Soto

former Brave prospect....
Jarrod Saltalamacchia (say that 5 times fast!)
Steve Pearce
Jason Kubel
Max Scherzer (was he born with his eyes like that?!)




-I must admit, this dude's eyes CREEP ME OUT! I guess that's the "shock factor" he must have been going for. Can't say I don't remember doing that kinda stuff when I was younger, just to get a rise outta someone. The thing he's got going on reminds me of Marilyn Manson...

Shane Victorino- Topps All Stars (SP)


Pack 5:
A.L. Strikeout League Leaders
Alex Rodriguez
Jose Lopez
Adam Lind
Detroit Tigers team card
Cleveland Indians team card
Edgar Renteria
Bronson Arroyo SP

Pack 6:
Yuniesky Betancourt
A.J. Pierzynski
Vladimir Guerrero
Melvin Mora
James Loney
News Flash Backs: Twenty-Third Amendment is Ratified



If it weren't for Strasburg, I bet the residents of D.C. would like to use their right to vote in order to contract the Nationals!












Matt Kemp
Mark Reynolds

Pack 7:
A.L. Batting Average League Leaders (gotta love these! 2 future hall of famers, with a possible third one!)
Carlos Quentin
Carlos Gonzalez
Delmon Young
Brian Fuentes
Nate McLouth- Chrome Refractor #434/561 Yes! That's what I'm talkin' about... A Bravo-who cares if it's only McLouth?






Coco Crisp
Derek Lee

Pack 8:
Bruce Bochy
Matt Laporta
Ichiro
Brad Bergesen
Han-Ram and Longo
Jeremy Guthrie
Joey Votto
Jay Bruce

Well, after taking an inventory, I got 3 subset cards needed, 1 SP, and 23 cards needed for the base set. Now I've gotta try to pick some up via trade-too much $$ spent on boxes, packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment