Saturday, July 17, 2010

Allen & Ginter Blaster Break

As we were picking up some supplies for our swimming pool today at Target, I decided to peruse the sports card aisle, and what did I find? A couple of 2010 Allen & Ginter Blasters! Once again, I couldn't pass up buying one, if not for anything other than the hopes of pulling a Braves mini. I haven't had any real liking of the base cards-well, mabey the non-sports stuff aren't so bad- but I've found myself recently enamoured with the minis, This Day in History, and the various non-sport inserts. I didn't pull any big hits, but enjoyed the thrill of opening these packs...

Pack #1
#114 Milton Bradley
#248 Jason Marquis
#219 Adam Wainwright
#134 Vladimir Guerrero
WB4 World's Biggest- Tree General Sherman (Sequoia)- MINI
Too bad this things's a mess: Crushed corner, creased, etc. Better contact Topps!TDH37 Ichiro (This Day in History)

Pack #2
#266 Adam LaRoche
#349 Yuniesky Betancourt
#285 A-Fraud
#331 Huston Street
#102 Tori Hunter-MINI!
Beautiful card- hate to part with it, but it will go into a pile for Endued!
TDH44 BJ Upton

Pack #3
#131 Tyler Flowers-RC
#244 Aaron Cook
#226 Brian McCann win it for the NL All-Star Team!
Thanks to Brian, the Braves may have home field advantage in the Series (well, gotta get there first...)
#255 Robert Scott (Negro Leaguer)
NA24 National Animals-Condor (Columbia)
Beauty, eh?
TDH36 Hanley Ramirez

Pack #4
#300 Nolan Reimold
#109 Ian Kinsler
#8 Miguel Tajada
#346 Ryan Theriot
#70 Joey Votto-MINI AD-BACK!
#TDH25 Ryan Zimmerman

Pack #5
#277 Regis Phibin
#63 Matt Carson-RC
#7 Ryan Howard
#101 Mark Buehrle
#MM16 Monsters of the Mesozoic-Ultrasaurus MINI!
#TDH19 Robinson Cano

Pack #6
#233 Rick Ankiel
#180 Gordon Beckham
#144 Boo-Yah! Stuart Scott
#325 Brett Gardner
#33 Benjie Molina MINI
#TDH2 Stephen Drew
Checklist #1/4

Pack #7
#335 Jonathan Broxton
#49 Jenrry Mejia-RC
#2 Everth Cabrera
#AGHS11 Andre Ethier- Baseball Sketches
#WGWS15 Wordsmiths- Confucius (MINI)
#TDH12 Andre Ethier

Pack #8
#18 Jose Lopez
#91 Carlos "Psycho" Zambrano- the second "Psycho" to don a Chicago uniform!
#14 Shane Victorino
#305 Kelly Johnson
#47 Drew Stubbs-RC (MINI Black!)
#TDH23 Dan Haren


My wife actually showed an interest in the non-sport stuff- which is short of a miracle- so you know Topps did something right with this product. Now, if I can only find some of this year's Goodwin Champion's "Entomology" cards- those she found impressive!

8 comments:

  1. I think you got a blaster intended for me or Nachos by mistake, what with the Votto and the Stubbs mini. What would you want for them in return?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'd be willing to trade. I would prefer mini's from A&G, whether it be this year's or from any other year (preferably Braves). Also of interest would be Braves relic stuff from A&G or Heritage. Let me know what you have...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve gotten good feedbacks from ASUS. Elonex ONE, I haven’t heard of yet. Thank you for this post. I have gotten information I needed to know, the comments helped as well.
    Cheap Printer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve gotten good feedbacks from ASUS. Elonex ONE, I haven’t heard of yet. Thank you for this post. I have gotten information I needed to know, the comments helped as well.
    Seiko Mens Watches

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog is very nice and good posting all comments
    swiss army mens watches

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got fantastic nice ideas there. I made a research on the topic and got most peoples will agree with your blog.
    Engagement Party Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is the ratio on pulling those minis?

    ReplyDelete
  8. one per pack, although the SP minis are seeded 1:13.

    ReplyDelete