Monday, July 12, 2010

I Love Mondays

Okay, now that you think that I'm nuts, let me explain. Monday seems to be the day that I get more fun stuff in the mail; fewer bills, more cards. I like that! So today I received four packages, much to my nine-year old daughter's dismay ("why don't I ever get any neat stuff in the mail!!"). This was one of the better mail days in a while, and now that I'm having to put in longer days at work it very well may be the last of the goodies for a few weeks.

2010 Bowman Orange #BP81 Caleb Brewer #240/250


2010 Allen & Ginter Black Mini #267 Martin Prado
The NL hits leader and leading hitter didn't do much at the plate in the All-Star game, but that doesn't detract from the great first-half he's had this year. For the Braves to continue their playoff push, they'll need Martin to continue to rake. I love the black mini's, and this one has an awesome photo! It's probably my favorite card thus far from the 2010 sets.

1990 Leaf 300 Frank Thomas
What can I say- a hobby classic, as far as modern cards. I sold my only Leaf Thomas Rookie Card about 16 years ago and got quite a bit for it, so was thrilled to pick this one up for little. A sure fire Hall-of-Famer.

1994 Topps Traded #56T Jason Schmidt
Seems to be a more difficult card to find; it was a shame that injuries robbed Schmidt of a better ending to an otherwise decent career. I really hated seeing him traded to Pittsburgh. Neagle was a key contributer to the Braves' staff, so I can't complain too much. I really like the "Prospect Cards" that Topps included in their early to mid-90s sets. Would like to see them go back to doing these!

2006 Topps Heritage #283 John Smoltz
Sweet! The throwback to the classic '57 Topps issue with an Atlanta icon. I've read many complaints about the '06 Heritage set, and I can't understand why people don't like it. What really makes the card is the Red and Blue lettering at the bottom; it goes really well with the colors of his uniform. Anyways, this leaves me with only 1 Brave to get from the '06 set- Brian Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment