Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's (Collecting) Resolutions

I've never been one to make new year's resolutions, but with the end of the calendar year finally here and having been rethinking my collecting habits maybe it's time to resolve to:






1) Move outside of what has been my primary collecting interests (Braves) to include at least one pre-1980 Hall of Famer, or star, per month. I've got an early jump on this one by recently picking up this 1958 Topps All Star Stan "The Man" Musial. These cards will be more of an investment than anything.






2) Continue to move away from newer releases, freeing up money to put into the vintage stuff. I will continue to pick up Braves Topps team sets, the Heritage team set, and buy hand collated sets of both. Buying packs and boxes will not be on my radar.



3) Begin a 1977 Topps baseball set. This was the year that I really started getting into cards as a kid, and thought it would be fun to put a set together. Other sets I am looking at: 1979, 1980, 1984-1986.



4) Get back into the football card market. Since re-entering the hobby last year, I haven't picked up any Buccaneer cards, and would like to begin adding Tampa Bay rookie cards to my collection.






What about you- do you plan on changing your collecting habits this upcoming year?

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the vintage stuff. I've got plans for my first player collection.

    moe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'll be working on my '77 set, too. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually debating on starting the 1977 set myself... best of luck on it... and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintage is the way to go. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete