Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Scab"- aka Replacement Cards

If you read my Christmas post, you might remember that my wife bought me the same 1959 Hank Aaron card for Christmas that she had bought for my birthday. Well, I had contacted the folks at Dean's Cards, and they were very gracious- agreeing to exchange it for the like value of the original purchase. When I got home today, these two cards were waiting for me...



1964 Topps #7 N.L. Batting Leaders Tommy Davis, Bob Clemente, Dick Groat, Hank Aaron



From Bob Aspromonte (.214) to Tommy Davis (.326), the National League's top 50 hitters in the race for the 1963 batting title are listed here. Davis had also finished first in the N.L. in 1962, and was a .294 career hitting over 18 seasons.






1967 Topps #250 Hank Aaron



Aaron, at the age of 33, had another solid season in 1967. It would be the year that he passed the 2500 hit mark while leading the league in slugging, runs scored, total bases, homers, and extra base hits.
Thanks again to my beautiful bride (we celebrated our 15th anniversary today), as well as to Dean's Cards for the great customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment