Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2011 Topps Opening Day Stadium Lights- The JHey Kid





When I first saw the sell sheet for this years Topps Opening Day set, I wasn't exactly blown away by the preview of the Stadium Lights Joe Mauer card. Never the less, when I had the opportunity to pick up the Jason Heyward card on eBay for $1.25 shipped, I jumped on it-and am actually glad I did. Everything about the front design works-from the "Stadium Lights" looking like it's done in lights, to the slick design along the bottom of the card-this is one of Topps better looking inserts of late, imo. While I like the "night facts" found on the back of the card, I do wish they would have done something different with the background behind it. Did you know that Heyward hit exactly the same at night as he did during the day last year (.277)? He also hit 11 of his 18 home runs at night, as well as collect 65% of his total bases under the lights.

Overall, this is a great, inexpensive card of the Braves second year star who I am predicting will "light it up" this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment