Monday, March 14, 2011

Mailbox Monday


If you were to take a look at my collection, you would quickly realize that it's made up almost exclusively of Topps cards. Every once in a while, however, something catches my eye that is from some other card manufacturer- and this week's Mailbox Monday features a few such cards.

2011 In the Game Heroes and Prospects- Randall Delgado autograph #A-RD2
Randall Delgado isn't nearly as hyped as uber-prospect Julio Teheran, but scouts love his makeup (he has shown in each of the past two seasons that he can make necessary adjustments to his game) and he has the stuff to be a starter in the top half of the rotation. He was recently listed as number 35 in Baseball America's Top 100 Prospects. With a bright future ahead of him, I wanted to pick up a Delgado auto to add to my collection of young guns in the Atlanta organization: I currently have Hansen, Minor, and now Randall (really wanting to add a Teheran and Vizcaino!) Thus, when I had the opportunity to pick this up for a few bucks, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I know-it's an on-sticker signature, but I really don't mind them.

1953 Johnston Cookies #2 John Antonelli, #6 Dave Cole, #11 Max Surkont, #12 Jim Wilson
These bad boys are from a set that I have long admired but never bothered to pursue. I was able to pick them up on the 'bay for $9.99 delivered, and perhaps some day I can try to work towards finishing this tough regional set.

No comments:

Post a Comment