Saturday, February 25, 2012

1996 Topps Laser John Smoltz

 I was excited to hear this past week that John Smoltz has an autobiography coming out in May. There's also an upcoming Javy Lopez autobiography (due out in April- I've pre-ordered an autographed copy), as well as a book on the '57 Braves team who beat those damn Yanks in the Series; it's due out in July. I'm looking forward to all three, but am still waiting on a Maddux bio.

 1996 Topps Laser John Smoltz
 Speaking of Smoltz, what a season he had in 1996- winning the Cy Young after picking up 24 regular season victories (he also had 4 playoff and the all-star game win that year). While I didn't really like the Topps Laser set as a whole, I did like the pitchers' cards out of this Laser set. 

2 comments:

  1. I too love this card. I wish some of the other guys (Avery) would've been in the set too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Avery was the 'forgotten guy' for the most part, it seems. He did have a few odd-balls & inserts early on, but it seemed to be pretty short lived (which I guess paralleled his career).

    ReplyDelete