Friday, February 3, 2012

2008 Topps Mayo Warren Haynes auto


  While on the 'Bay recently, I came across this Warren Haynes auto from the 2008 Topps Mayo set. Since I'm not much of a football collector, I didn't know this card even existed (not to mention the Haynes guitar strap relic piece I have since found out about). Not really wanting to pay the asking price, I headed over to COMC and found it for $10 cheaper-which I pounced on. I had earmarked the money I spent on this for a cheaper Chipper auto, but Haynes is such a great musician and has played with two of my favorite bands (Gov't Mule and The Allman Brothers Band), so I just had to get it. While a member of the Allman Brothers, Haynes wrote what has to be one of my favorite songs of all time.

  "Soulshine"
...He used to say soul shine,
it's better than sunshine
it's better than moonshine
damn sure better than rain.

  Now if I can only find a piece on the equally amazing Derek Trucks, featured on the video playing with Warren.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I liked your blog and I invite you to join our website http://www.coollectors.com - The World's Free Collectors Zone.
    Hope to see you soon -:)
    Thanks,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have bad credit, no credit, have declared bankruptcy in the past or are in need of a second chance credit auto loan, our free service can help you get a car loan for a quality pre-owned vehicle at a competitive price for a worry-free ownership while helping you rebuild your credit.
    auto loans
    car loans
    auto financing
    badcredit car loans
    bad credit auto loans
    rent a car in miami

    ReplyDelete