Sunday, July 29, 2012

Custom Cards: Rookie Team Pinnacle Trout/Harper


  Score first offered the Team Pinnacle insert set in Pinnacle's 1992 debut set. Rookie Team Pinnacle made its first appearance in 1993, and then followed with another issue in 1994-the last season that the Rookies had their own insert set. Seeded one per ninety packs of hobby foil packs, the popular set included nine cards (and eighteen players-one player on each side), each featuring the top prospect at each position.

  I recently picked up one of these awesome cards featuring the top shortstop prospects for 1994: Chipper Jones and  Kurt Abbott of the A's. It was a card that has eluded me for years, so I was thrilled to find it on COMC for only $2.

   I thought that this would be a fun set to feature with a custom card-so what better rookies to feature than two players whom collectors can't get enough of: Mike Trout and Bryce Harper. Known for their offensive prowess, these two players are no slouches in the field-as evidenced by in particular Trout's great over the wall catch. So instead of the typical at-bat photo, I offer up these two 'web-gems'


1 comment:

  1. Man I love that catch Trout made, I watched that highlight over and over. The guy flew!

    ReplyDelete