Friday, June 26, 2015

Food-Issue Friday: Reese's Jordan Schafer

I'm still on hiatus, but thought I'd share a custom Food-Issue card of a former Braves favorite of mine, Mr. Jordan Schafer. I was bummed to hear that he was released by the Twins recently. Perhaps a third time with Atlanta could be a charm?


  Okay, so this card doesn't exist- I modeled it after the 1993 Upper Deck/Clark Candy Reggie Jackson three-card set. As soon as I saw this picture of Jordan, I just knew it was going to appear on Food-Issue Friday. 

  Thirteen months ago, police found Schafer in possession of 25.9 grams of mary jane-along with three marijuana peanut butter cups. Back in my day, it was brownies. I guess PB Cups are the new brownies?

 Never thought I'd see this guy in the ATL again, or even back in the majors after his bust, but he was picked up off waivers from the Astros on Thursday. Management made it clear that the move was not to replace free-agent Michael Bourn, but was to add depth to the roster. Hope the kid can contribute in some way- have always liked Schafer.





My thoughts exactly!







2 comments:

  1. Always liked Slim just wish he could actually hit... still remember his OD homer in Philly though, seemed like after he hurt his wrist that year it was all down hill.

    He got busted sitting outside the cheescake factory with a lap full of dope if I remember correctly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always liked Slim just wish he could actually hit... still remember his OD homer in Philly though, seemed like after he hurt his wrist that year it was all down hill.

    He got busted sitting outside the cheescake factory with a lap full of dope if I remember correctly

    ReplyDelete