Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday Mail- from the Night Owl

Coming home from a long day at work (and a Monday, no-less), all I could think of was enjoying the family during dinner, relaxing on the couch, and spend (hopefully) an uninterrupted forty or so minutes with my wife as we watch last night's episode of The Walking Dead. One thing I didn't expect to come home to was a package in the mail. And since cards (and baseball in general) are a nice diversion from the grind of the work week, these couldn't have come at a better time.

I recently sent a few cards to the gnarly nocturnal one- the Night Owl- for a couple of sets he has been working on. In return, he sent me a nice Braves package which consisted of 13 cards-10 of which I didn't have. Here are seven of the more fascinating ones...

2012 Triple Play #236 Brian McCann    &    1986 TMCA #7B Tommy Holmes
Two sets which I have a total sum of zero in my collection. I've been intrigued by the TMCAs for years, but have never picked any up. This might just be the jump start I've needed. As for the Triple Play- definitely a unique addition to the hobby. I think they missed the boat by excluding stats on the back (at least on the McCann), but do like the team trivia.




 1994 Upper Deck International Flavor Andre King #109
Another Andre King! I recently posted an entry about King, who was part of the
Screw Topps 100 Card Challenge. For the life of me, I can't think of which set this came out of-it reminds me of Collector's Choice, but has the minor league player (others were included, as well). Perhaps it was from the UD Minor League set? Anyone? Anyone?

2007 Bowman's Best #33 Brian McCann  & #9 Andruw Jones

My first Bowman's Best cards from the 2007 set. I was out of the hobby until late 2009, and wasn't even aware of these things until today. Wow- talk about thick card stock!


2012 Bowman Heritage High Numbers #H612 Tyler Pastornicky  & #H622 Reed Johnson

Yeeeeeeesssss! While the Andrelton Simmons card is the only card from this set that I truly give a crap about, I'll gladly take the other two Bravos from this set. Owl actually sent me another Andrelton as well-which will go into my Simmons PC.

Thanks again to the Night Owl for the great cards.

2 comments:

  1. I think the King is from the minor league UD set, as I have other cards from that set. But I'm not 100 percent sure (and can't look it up right now).

    Glad they came in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you're right. I bought a lot of that product back then, but had forgot all about this subset.

      They did- thanks again!

      Delete