Thursday, May 16, 2013

Takes a Little Patience

I recently won an auction for a 2013 Topps Tribute Terry Pendleton autograph. At $12.50 (free shipping), I paid more than I wanted to for a Pendleton- but since I've set a goal of picking up an autograph of every member of the Braves 1995 World Championship team, I couldn't pass it up.

Well, when the package arrived I opened it up- only to be disappointed in what I pulled out.


















Yep, wrong card.

Nothing against Gwynn- he was a great hitter. And it is a nice looking card. I just don't collect Gwynn; don't desire to, either.

So, I contacted the seller-who was very apologetic. He said he would contact the winner of this card & see if he received my card by mistake.

Sure enough, he did.

No worries, the seller told me. He would refund my $12.50 plus the costs to ship the Gwynn to the rightful owner of it. Later that day, I received my full refund.

Today, I received the card I was supposed to originally get.


I've got to say- TP has a very nice signature, and there's nothing better than a nice signature in blue sharpie. 


2 comments:

  1. Glad the cards ended up in the right hands. Gotta give props to the eBay seller for resolving the issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- very good to deal with. Glad to see there's people out there who will go the extra mile for you.

      Delete