Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 2013 Card Show #3: 1956 Topps Warren Spahn

Come to find out, the seven days between June 15th and June 21st were pretty important ones for those of us who are Warren Spahn fans and/or collectors.

As I posted last week, I finally re-acquired a beauuuutifullllll 1953 Bowman color Warren Spahn card- I sold mine some eighteen years ago, and have been dying to pick up another one ever since. Not only that, but I also picked up this 1956 Topps card of Spahnie at the same card show.

If that wasn't enough to get me pumped up, I just read yesterday an online article from Friday's Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Warren's son, Greg, has consigned some 406 items of his late father to Hunt Auctions. As Greg put it, "he saved everything," referring to his father's career. The most important pieces will be part of a live auction during the All-Star Fanfest July 15-16.

I won't even begin to list some of the items, but you can read about some of them in the above JSOnline link, or by visiting the Hunt Auctions website.

Now, if I only had money to join in on the bidding...

Oh, and you might wanna give this tune a spin while you're checking out the items on Hunt's website.


1 comment:

  1. I never get tired of seeing people show of their 56 Topps cards. The Spahn is like a work of art with the clouds & the stadium in the background.

    ReplyDelete