Sunday, September 22, 2013

What's This- A Football Post?



1994 Fleer Rookie Exchange #2 of 12 Trent Dilfer
 

So I've decided to throw a curveball and post a football card this morning. You might be asking why would I do such a thing? Well- it's simple, really. I'm still in a grumpy mood over the Braves' inability to wrap up the division, that their offense fails to shows up more times than not and that home field advantage seems to be slipping out of their grasp. 

Let's move on to another team that frustrates me, shall we?

After failing to close out two late fourth-quarter leads during the first two games, things don't get any easier for Tampa today as they face the Pats. A loss today should all but finish any playoff hopes, so somehow this team needs to nut-up and pull off the upset. 

Regarding the Dilfer card, I believe there was a redemption card seeded at 1:200 packs, in which the lucky collector could send it in for a twelve card set. I picked this one up at a card show when the sets first started showing up, and it's still one of my favorites. I love the '94 design- it's got to rank among my all-time favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Sports is so funny... because the better my team is... the more frustrated things can get.

    Example: If the Padres lose today, I'd be a little bummed... but it wouldn't be the end of the world. But if the A's don't win... then that's a different story.

    The Braves should be fine. I'll be pulling for them in the NL, since my Padres will miss the playoffs for the 7th straight year. As for the Bucs... the clock is definitely ticking for them. The NFC is going to be a 16 round blood bath. And they're already down 0-2. On the flipside... they almost took down the Saints last week and the Falcons are racking up injuries.

    ReplyDelete