Thursday, October 10, 2013

Criteria

 I'm possibly in the market for an autographed card of Evan Gattis. There's only one reason- and that's  because they are selling for low prices. Even one of the hobby's bigger case breakers tweeted this evening about how disappointed he is in the selling prices for the Braves rookie. "Might want to hold his stuff,"  he tweeted. That's enough to convince me to at least look into some current auctions.

So if I'm to pull the trigger on a deal, it's going to have to come cheap. Really cheap. Because when it comes to autographed cards, two of my main concerns are price and legibility.


2013 Topps Finest Relic/Auto


I hope I don't step on anyone's toes-I certainly mean no disrespect- but I have to laugh when I hear folks say they won't buy autographed cards of players unless it's on a licensed product. Could it be because they like to see the team's logo on a helmet, or team name on the jersey? I guess the 2013 Finest auto/relic card wouldn't fit their criteria.


2013 Finest Auto


Another Finest card- this one's not too far from looking like it came out of the Panini Prizm product. That little 'A' on the helmet is barely noticeable.


2013 Panini Hometown Heroes Hometown Signatures


If I had my choice, I would go with the Finest auto/relic first, the other Finest second, and then the Panini. That's only because I like the Finest brand; it certainly has nothing to do with this Panini card being unlicensed. I really do like the design of the HH set, and if the price is/was right, I would have no qualms about purchasing one.

Even if it doesn't meet all of my criteria.


No comments:

Post a Comment