Friday, November 8, 2013

Enabling One Another

Judson from My Cardboard Habit and I recently worked out a trade on a Target Red parallel of Bryce Harper out of the 2013 Topps Update set. The card was part of the blaster I purchased during a shortened 'date night' with my wife a few weeks ago; I had no use for it, so I'm glad it found a home. In return, Judson sent me a few from my Braves 2013 want list:


2013 Allen & Ginter #295 Dan Uggla Mini 
I'm pretty sure that this card is the only thing smaller than Dan's uggly numbers from the 2013 season. Despite his abysmal numbers and declining skills, I'm still thrilled to get this card of the (hopefully) soon-to-be former Braves second baseman. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of the AG Minis, and I'm one card closer to finishing the 2013 Braves mini set.

2013 Bowman Platinum #19 Justin Upton
It's good to get a shot of the slugger with something other than a bat in his hands. Having not seen much of Upton prior to coming over to Atlanta, I was shocked to witness just how horrible he could be in the field at times. Perhaps Topps should have captured him at the plate.



2013 Bowman Platinum #53 Freddie Freeman

I'm going to start referring to Freeman as the Rodney Dangerfield of Major League Baseball. Finalists were just named for the BBWAA post-season awards, and Freddie did not finish in the top three for NL MVP (he carried that team for months when no one else was producing offensively). Nor was he in the final running for the NL Gold Glove at first base. Yes, he did get named to his first All-Star game this year-thanks to the fans who chose him as the 'final vote-in'- but he still goes largely unnoticed by who have a say in the awards. Okay, enough of the crying; I know how much folks hate crying Braves fans.


2013 Gypsy Queen Sliding Stars #SS-JH Jason Heyward
Good job, Topps. Capture Heyward in an act that makes Braves fans cringe. Remember when Topps produced a card featuring a photo from when D-Backs starter Daniel Hudson blew out his elbow? Well, that's kind of the feeling I get here- only it's not a photo from a play where JHey was injured (although it certainly could be, since he has sustained a severely jammed thumb while doing this). Someone PLEASE tell Heyward and Andrelton to stop sliding head first!!!


Thanks again, Judson, for the trade- I'm glad to be able to add your name to the Hot Stove League/GM's I've Traded With!

No comments:

Post a Comment