Monday, November 18, 2013

Great Deals, Steals and... an Inflated Market


We all knew it was coming. After all, the Braves did not give Tim Hudson a qualifying offer- thus essentially killing any hopes of re-signing the veteran pitcher, who reportedly agreed to a 2 year, $23 million deal with the Giants yesterday. And so the team officially says goodbye to the pitcher who ranks number 5 in Wins for the team during its time in Atlanta.

With Huddy gone, that leaves Kris Medlen as the most tenured Brave. Let me repeat that: Kris Medlen, who has been with the big league team since 2009, has the most service time in the ATL. I'm certainly not complaining- Meds has been fantastic; it's just kind of difficult to grasp. 

I received this 2013 Panini Prizm autographed card of Medlen in the mail yesterday. I've been spying autos of Medlen on eBay for over a year now, and my patience has paid off- big time. The price I paid for it? $1.34 plus shipping. 

Tim Hudson may have gotten a great deal in the open market, but I think my purchase looks like a steal- which I don't think can be said for the Giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment