Saturday, December 28, 2013

Dee Gordon to My Collection?

With all due respect to Night Owl, GCRL and all other Dodger collectors out there in cardboard land, there's only one kind of Dee Gordon card that I'm interested in: 


I saw this as I was going through some cards recently and entertained the thought of starting a new collection of cards which contain Braves on other players' cards. I decided against it, as it would be just one more thing to chase after.

Gordon appeared in three games against the Braves during his rookie season, starting two of them. With the help of Baseball Reference dot com, I was able to find the game situation of when this photo was taken...

The Game
Friday, September 2, 2011, Atlanta, Ga

With Atlanta leading 5-2, Chipper Jones led off the bottom of the fifth with a single to right. After removing starter Chad Billingsley, the Dodger's brought in Hong-Chih Kuo to face Freddie Freeman- whom he got to fly out to left. The Dodger's reliever then faced Jason Heyward, who ended the Braves half-inning by grounding into a 4-6-3 double play.

No comments:

Post a Comment