Saturday, January 4, 2014

First Package of 2014: Hero and Goats

Prior to the use of Twitter, my main source for Braves news was the AJC website. And while I enjoyed the content they delivered, the one thing that drove me crazy was that once I reached the end of an article, there would invariably be some bonehead(s) racing to see who could post 'first' in the comment section. Not a comment, but literally post the word 'first.' You know, 'firsties'- as it is often called. The whole thing left me with a fear of using the word online, lest I look like one of those nincompoops. Thankfully, one can use the word outside of a comment box without looking like a moron.

While it wasn't my first purchase of 2014, it is the first package that I've received in the new year.



I recently picked up a six-card lot of 1992 Lykes Braves off of eBay. The price was right (a dollar apiece, delivered), but the lot contained two of each card- leaving me with three doubles to use as trade bait or to put back up on eBay. The thing I found interesting about this lot was the player selection- a hero in Braves lore, and two 'goats' (personally, I don't have a problem with either Wohlers or Smith- but I'm sure there's still some fans would curse the names).



Like I said, I've got doubles on these three cards- so if anyone has any other '92 Lykes Braves (the red bordered ones, not the 'team photo sets' which featured the headstone design) that they'd like to trade, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment