Sunday, March 9, 2014

Spring Card Show #1

So yesterday was the Spring edition of our quarterly card show and I've never been so discouraged following a show than I was yesterday. I hate to say it, but it has become quite stale. It's one thing to see the same dealers time after time, but when there's not an influx of new stuff...it becomes stale.

I did pick up a few items, however.


Classic player, classic look, classic renditions.


I didn't know I was missing this for my team set. Now it's complete!

Didn't have it on my wish list, but I paid very little for it and I love the 2001 set.


Yippee! Another Gallery card. Another Chipper card. Woohoo!


My first Topps '52 card. I need to get more of these.

Swing and Miss Kings. In 2007 (the year of this card), Andruw had 138 strikeouts- third most in his career.

Flair Showcase. Must. Get. More.


I can't believe that I've never had this card in my collection. I overpaid for it (a BUCK?!!)- but, oh well. It's not the first time I've overpaid for something. Heck, I paid a buck for each of the three previous card- which was about two bucks too much. Won't be the last time I over pay, I suppose.


Gold Label is cool; Maddux taking a cut makes it even better.


I was pretty thrilled to pick this one up for 75% off the listed price of $8- until I got home and checked COMC, which has it for a buck.

 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I meant to go to the show, but I just never quite got around to leaving the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traffic seemed to be a lot slower than what it normally is; I was only there from 9 until about 11, so it may have picked up. Hate to sound so negative, but there just didn't seem to be much new baseball. Don't collect much football, and it seems like it's always more football heavy in this area.

      Delete