Saturday, March 1, 2014

They Don't Make 'Em Like That Anymore

Every now and then I get a crazy thought going through me head: buy a box, complete set or lot off of eBay with the intention of selling off most of the items. Thankfully, I do not act upon such impulsive thoughts.



I do, however, occasionally pick-up a lot because of a particular card(s) that I'm wanting; the rest of the lot, if I can trade off or sell on eBay, then hallelujah! One such purchase arrived this past week and included four cards from Topps 2000 HD set.

One of the most beautiful modern-day sets ever released, the HD set included a insert set called Images of Excellence which featured ten of the all-time greats in the game on a thick 50-pt cardstock. All cards- except the Hank Aaron- are available for trade, so let me know what you have to trade if interested.



The scans do not do these things justice- and the scratches you see are from the top loaders. It would be nice to see Topps re-introduce this brand to the hobby, but I'm not going to hold my breath.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment