Saturday, March 22, 2014

Worth the Wait?

Although I no longer put complete sets together and buy very few packs or boxes, I was looking forward to buying a couple of Jumbo Packs of the recently released Heritage. I even visited our local Target on my day off this past Tuesday, thinking I would find them there. I didn't; they must have had them in the back store room.

Disappointed that I'm the last kid on the block to rip open a pack, I made my way back over to the large retailer this afternoon. I had to go into work this morning, so I deserved something to reward myself for being such a dedicated worker. This time, I found the precious packs and picked up a couple of them.

Pack #1
First card... #150 Manny Machado ~all of us seem to have 'that guy' that appears in every pack we open. Machado is 'that guy' for me. Could be worse.


282 Rookie Stars Heath Hembree/ Kevin Siegrist
17 John Mayberry
234 Jonny Gomes
366 A.J. Griffin
NAP-MS Max Scherzer New Age Performers


Once again, Topps scores a hit with this insert.

66 Joe Maddon
336 Andy Dircks
38 Brett Lawrie
7 A.L. ERA Leaders Anibal Sanchez/ Bartolo Colon
216 Patrick Corbin
395 Brian McCann ~I railed against Topps including Mac in the flagship as a Brave. Now, I wish they had done him as a Brave in the Chrome insert, like they did Beltran.

32 Bruch Bochy
164 John Danks
297 Khris Davis
65MLB-NR Nolan Ryan- 1st Draft

Another great insert, showcasing picks from the first ever amateur draft.

263 Jonathan Lucroy
405 Danny Salazar
89 Kyle Gibson
126 Mike Matheny


Pack #2
149 Buster Posey~ another player I seem to have a knack for pulling
191 Tommy Milone
100 Adam Wainwright
157 Kyle Seager
292 Khris Davis- again?
470 Stephen Strasburg- Red bordered Target card
118 Justin Ruggiano
330 CC Sabathia
43 Carlos Beltran
342 Matt Carpenter
364 Darwin Barney
139 Melky Cabrera
379 Trevor Cahill
275 Julio Teheran- Juuuuulio! 1st Braves player pulled! Weee.


BF-BG Flashbacks Bob Gibson- Badass card. Cardboard-yes. Player-yes.


314 Avisail Garcia
373 Ben Revere
83 Jusitn Smoak
227 Jonny Venters - Another Bravo
111 Yunel Escobar- another ex-Bravo



While I enjoyed the experience of opening the packs, I certainly didn't get any 'must haves.' Pulling a Brave or two is always exciting, but I've already got the team set so they will go into a box of doubles. The rest- if you need anything of them, let me know which ones and throw out a trade offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment