Tuesday, March 4, 2014

You Really Don't Want to See These Cards

There's nothing like starting the week off with a few packages in the mail. I'll hold off from showing one of the packages (a trade PWE- it will get it's own post), but the others feature some of the recent Donruss baseball. I know how *popular* these non-licensed cards are, so don't say you haven't been warned...


Game Gear- Hudson!
 I'd have to look back at some of the Allen & Ginter relics in my collection- but I think this is my first Huddy relic. Relics are an old hat by now, so that's not why I bought this one. I just really like the design.



Elite Kris Medlen
Numbered 101/999. The Elite Series was always a fun insert to chase. I'm not a fan of the 'super fractor matrix blah blah blah" look, but I still like these things.


Breakout!
Somebody really dropped the ball on this one. Billed as a 'breakout hitter,' Panini's write-up on the back talks about Andrelton's amazing defensive season last year, according to his defensive runs saved stat. The fronts feature embossing, which is cool.




King of the Final Vote
Glossy finish on the Diamond Kings just don't seem right. I'll still gladly put this one in my collection. The back describes Freddie's fabulous fan support in last year's All-Star final fan vote.

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind looking at these cards. Would I buy them? No. But if the LCS were handing them out, I'd take them.

    I just think it's a shame they're using photos on their Diamond Kings inserts these days. Logos or not... they need to bring back Mr. Perez.

    ReplyDelete