Tuesday, June 17, 2014

2005 Topps Pristine Legends Murphy

Since his passing, many of you have posted tributes to the late Tony Gwynn. And while this post isn't about Gwynn, or my favorite card of his ('83 Topps), I do want to say that I had immense respect for not only Tony Gwynn the hitter, but more importantly, Tony Gwynn the man. Godspeed, Mr. Padre. 

Speaking of some of our heros, I received a card of mine yesterday- and one who could give Mr. Gwynn a run for his money in the 'Good-Guy' catagory- Dale Murphy.



I won this 2005 Topps Pristine Legends uncirculated refractor (#184/549) on eBay recently for a total of 99 cents. Unlike the others the seller had up for auction, this one does not have the Topps seal- but that didn't deter me from purchasing this beauty. 



If any of you readers have any of the other Braves from the Pristine set that you're willing to trade, let me know and hopefully we can work out a trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment