Sunday, June 22, 2014

From the Desert

I contacted Daniel over at It's like having my own Card Shop some time back to see if the Diamondbacks would like take an Upton off our hands. They already had Justin at one time, so I was hoping they'd like his older brother; unfortunately, nobody wants BJ and his paltry average, high K rate and inconsistent defense. No, wait- that was just a dream I had.

Actually, I saw that Daniel had pulled a card of Tom Glavine from this year's Bowman baseball set, so I contacted him to inquire of its availability. I offered a few Diamondbacks and he bit at the trade bait. Not only did he send me the sparkly Bowman's Back card of the soon-to-be Hall of Famer, but also included five other cards of players in my PC. Let's take a look at the cards from the desert...

Thanks again, Daniel,  for not only this beauty- but the rest as well!



Not a big fan of Gypsy Queen- but I'll never refuse a Smoltz. Nice addition to the collection!



I'm hoping that Andrelton's bat can start finding some hits- soon.



Breakfast- the most important meal of the day, so they say. Especially if the chosen cereal contains cardboard such as this one from 1994.



Mikey. No doubt who he's rooting for in the College World Series championship game!



I'm rather digging these Pristine Cards. How many years did Topps offer these things to the hobby?







I think Mick Jagger and the Stones had it all wrong, you can get what you want. At least sometimes.

Now, if only someone will trade for BJ Upton and his horrible contract....





1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the cards! Thanks for the D-Backs! I just realized I scanned the cards you sent, but I don't think I posted them yet. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete