Sunday, November 23, 2014

Base(ball) Oddity #20: Zip It!

I'm not one for talking much.  I guess I try to live by the proverb that a fool who keeps silent is considered wise. Why open my mouth and erase all doubt, right?

Some people, though, just don't know when to keep their mouths shut. What's really difficult is when it's someone you work with, who thinks that they need to tell you every detail of their personal lives. At least my yapper is not offering his opinion on everything- that would be much worse.

Still, there are times that I'd like to just tell him to zip it. You ever see the movie Night Shift with Henry Winkler and Michael Keaton? That moment in the morgue when Winkler's character (Chuck) gets tired of the non-stop talking of Keaton's character (Bill), and then grabs Bill's voice memo recorder and says into the speaker, "Hello, this is Chuck reminding Bill to please shut up!" Yeah, that's what I'd like to do.

Anyway...let's take a look at a couple of cool oddballs from the early 90's, shall we?








Producted by Dow Brands, this set from 1992 featured eleven Hall of Fame players and were available both in specially marked boxes of Ziploc bags and through the mail. While the photos are not the best in the market, they are good enough, giving the set a more vintage look- which I find appealing. I do like the simple design, which definitely cries out, 'oddball.' 










No comments:

Post a Comment