Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Super Tools > Power Tools

I sometimes feel like I'm in the minority when it comes to 'manly' things.



Sure, I own a gun- but I've only hunted once in my life. *I have gone shooting a few times, for what it's worth*

I own a fishing pole- but I despise spending time trying to 'catch the big one' along the river shore, out on the lake, or any other body of water. *As a child, I enjoyed spending time with my grandfather doing this exact same thing. And as an adult I've taken my kids out numerous times- but it doesn't mean I had to like it (the fishing)*

Let's see- Barbecuing... I guess it's not so bad. Still, I only do it maybe 6 or 7 times a year. It certainly doesn't conjure up visions of Hank Hill. I suppose I prefer chillin' over killin' and grillin'.

How about the litmus test for being a man? You know what I'm talking about...Power Tools! What man doesn't want to find a new drill,  reciprocating saw, jig saw, miter saw, scroll saw, hedge trimmer, router, rotary tool, or just your basic ratchet set or wrench set under the Christmas tree? Me, that's who.

Given the choice, I'll take Super Tools over Power Tools. As in the Super Tools insert set found in Upper Deck's 1999 MVP set.

Some of the players included in the checklist fit the insert name.




And of course there's Chippah, featured on card #T15



BUUBBBLES!


Go ahead and revoke my man card right now. Just don't take my Chipper card.

1 comment:

  1. Great post.

    Guns - I enjoy going to the range every now and then.

    Fishing - Love to go out on the lake, but not a big fan of fishing. In fact, I can count then number of fish I've caught in my lifetime on one hand.

    BBQ - Love, love, love to EAT it... but I'd rather pay someone else to actually BBQ the meat.

    Power Tools - I own a drill, a Shop Vac, and your standard set of tools... but I'd much rather collect cardboard than power tools. Plus that's what buddies and family members are for.

    ReplyDelete