Monday, December 1, 2014

Cyber Monday

I try not to buy into the holiday hype. That's not to say I don't enjoy or celebrate the holidays, it's just that I try not to get wrapped up in the Black Friday mania- or today's Cyber Monday madness.

That being said,  I did take advantage of the COMC week-end long Black Friday sale, buying just the minimum number of cards (10) to qualify for the free shipping. Five of the cards are off of my Fourteen Fugitives list, including two from the set we will look at today.



1995 Topps CyberStats Braves team set
 
 #101 Tom Glavine
  115 Kent Mercker
  158 Greg Maddux
  177 Ryan Klesko
  191 Fred McGriff
  214 Jeff Blauser
  227 Steve Avery
  247 Jose Oliva
  278 Mark Lemke
  300 Greg McMichael
  317 Roberto Kelly
  343 Javy Lopez
  345 Steve Bedrosian
  388 Dave Justice



If I've said it once, I've said it at least ten times: I'm not a fan of parallel sets. There have been exceptions, but for the most part I stay away from them. One set that the jury is still out on is this one. Through the use of computers, Topps predicted how the 396 players included in this set would have finished out the strike-shortened 1994 season.





CyberStats Season in Review
#4 Fred McGriff
  6 Ryan Klesko

The CyberStats Season in Review cards were available only in Topps factory sets and look at Season Highlights that might have been, had the 1994 season been completed. Topps predicted that the '94 World Series would have been a Braves/Indians matchup, but unlike the outcome of the 1995 World Series, they had the A.L. Champs winning it all.








No comments:

Post a Comment