Monday, December 29, 2014

Murphy Monday #2: 2005 Leaf Sportscasters

Modeled after the 1977-1979 Sportscaster set (which featured over 2,000 cards, each measuring 4-3/4" x 6-1/4"), the 2005 Leaf Sportscaster set featured 50 subject matters on its checklist. Sounds simple, right? Well, not so fast.




As I was searching out Dale Murphy cards, I came across this Sportscasters card. And then I discovered a tan one; and a red one; and a blue one; oh, and yellow one AND an orange one (which really pops!). PLUS...each color contains multiple print runs. /30, /25, /20, etc. It's enough to give a player collector a headache.


While I am a Murphy collector, I don't feel the need to have one of each color or from each print run- so I'll be happy to just have this green one in my collection.

1 comment: