Monday, February 16, 2015

Hang Fire

"In the old country where I come from, nobody ever works. Yeah nothing gets done. We hang fire, we hang fire." ~ from The Rolling Stones' 1981 album, Tattoo You

With the release of 2015 Donruss baseball only a little over a week away, I'm still on the fence on whether or not to collect the Braves Atlanta baseball club team set. I've liked what I've seen from the previews that Panini has released, but I felt the same way prior to last year's release- and I still only have a few cards from that set.




At first I was excited about the return of the old girl. It was the love child of two earlier favorites, 1978 Topps and 1987 Donruss, and it held a lot of promise- if you could get around the lack of logos. I don't mind not having logos, but one thing that bugged me as a Braves fan was the lack of proper colors used on the team uniforms/helmets/hats. It made the Atlanta team look like the one from Detroit, and, after a couple of packs and a couple of singles for my team set, I lost interest.



Something recently has sparked an interest in trying to finish off that 2014 Donruss team set. What it is, who knows? I've been going through the collection, putting cards into pages and binders and as far as I can tell, that's the only explanation I can think of. So, here's a list of my needs...


57 Justin Upton
58 Chris Johnson
66 Jason Heyward
71 Kris Medlen
77 Craig Kimbrel
105 Evan Gattis
117 Freddie Freeman
177 B.J. Upton
194 Chipper Jones
210 Justin Upton- Diamond Kings
262 Alex Wood
264 Freddie Freeman
265 Julio Teheran
the Rookies #31 Christian Bethancourt
the Rookies #40 David Hale
"Team MVPs" #11 Chipper Jones
"Studio Series 2" #8 Freddie Freeman


I'm sure most collectors will just stick their tongues out at the 2015 set and be done with it. Me- I figure, what the hell, I think I'll give it a shot.













No comments:

Post a Comment