Tuesday, April 7, 2015

From One Braves Collector to Another

I saw a much needed 2015 Topps Hank Aaron card on Johnny's Trading Spot recently and, seeing that it was available for trade, worked out a deal with John. It was our first trade, but certainly won't be our last.


2015 Topps Baseball History 7B


I have always enjoyed the Flashbacks insert sets from the Heritage line, and I thought it strange that Topps would include the Baseball History insert set in this year's Series 1 set. With so many other insert possibilities, the idea of putting out a set that puts baseball in a more historical context seems like it would be more at home in Heritage. That being said, I do like this 15- well, 30- card set.




Although I probably won't collect its counterpart, I would be remiss if I didn't at least mention card #7A, which commemorates the premier of the iconic American Top 40 with Casey Kasem. The radio program, which continues today with host Ryan Seacrest, was just as much a part of many our lives as was This Week in Baseball or that 25 cent Topps wax pack. I don't know if there was any mention of the Home Run King on that week's countdown, but there was another King who had a hit in the Top 10 that week- Elvis.

Thanks again, John, for the trade, and remember... Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment