Saturday, May 30, 2015

Chip Chip, Hooray!

I've been neglecting my team sets for quite some time now. Sure, I've bought the current team sets as they have come out, but as far as the older ones I'm still working towards...forget it. With the exception of two from the 1996 Topps set, everything else has been going towards my player collections. Gotta feed the monster, I guess.









My most favoritest cards of all-time may be Topps, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate, or even enjoy, Upper Deck releases. Lord knows there were plenty to choose from during the nineties and through the first decade of the new millennium.  A recent Chipper binge included close to a dozen cards from various Upper Deck brands. Some, like those shown above, are shiny; others, not so much.


I'll probably be spending the rest of my life chasing down cards of #10- considering the number of Chipper Jones cards that have been produced. I have yet to get an accurate count of those in my collection, but there's no doubt that it's just a drop in the bucket. 



Everybody loves retro designs- well, maybe not everybody- and one of my favorites was the 2002 Donruss Originals set. All I needed to finish the Chipper run from that set was card #288, based on the 1986 design. I really miss all those pre-'93 Donruss products.






Speaking of retro/vintage designs... I picked up these two: one from the 2004 Upper Deck Vintage (#48) and 2000 U.D. Vintage (#M4).





Had to grab my magnifying glass to tell what year (1998) this Mystery Finest card is from:





And last, but not least, a few Collector's Choice cards. Yet another set that is sorely missed.







1 comment:

  1. I've been collecting Chipper cards my whole life and I only have 2 of the ones you posted. I wonder what the count on the number of cards he has is

    ReplyDelete