Monday, May 18, 2015

Trade with Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genuis

I contacted Matt over at Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius a few weeks ago to see if he was in need of an interesting Andy Pafko piece I had won in an eBay auction. The item was part of a lot of four  5"x 7.5" cards produced by the Ohio Casualty Group to commemorate the closing of Milwaukee's County Stadium. Matt seemed excited about the possibility of a new addition to his collection and said he'd look for some Braves stuff for me.






Well, Matt did indeed find some cards for me- a staggering number of cards, to be honest with you (please excuse the pun). And yes, the return was more than enough for the Pafko.



There were two team sets included in the larger bubble mailer:







Matt also sent some Chippers for the collection:



I like the concept of the A Piece of History cards- however, it sounds as if there should be a relic in this card. Another strange thing: the card shows the date and the Braves boxscore, but doesn't tell us who the team played that day. I'll have to look it up on Baseball Reference. A cool card, nonetheless.














Another great looking card of number 10- I believe this is the first Ultra relic card in my collection and hopefully won't be the last.















I haven't seen this one before, and I don't know what the set is called...I'm assuming "Game Jersey"?
Regardless, another relic to add to the binder.



And finally (although there were a few other cards, including a Topps Chipper RC)- a Finite First Class relic card from 2003...


I guess that's an appropriate card to end with, as Matt proved himself to be a First Class trader. Thanks again for all the great stuff, Matt!



1 comment: