Thursday, July 23, 2015

Manna from (Wax) Heaven

I'm really behind on trade posts- so please be patient with me if I have yet to feature cards you have sent my way. Today we are going to take a look at some cardboard which came my way from Mario at Wax Heaven 2.0 prior to my desert wandering "hiatus."

It all started with a tweet from Mario, showing a Chipper card from this year's Gypsy Queen. I asked Mario if the card was available for trade & offered him a mini Jose Canseco from the same release. He agreed, provided me with his address and a little while later a package arrived from Florida. Much to my surprise, not only did Mario's bubble mailer contain the Chipper card, but many other Braves GQ cards as well as some from 2015 Bowman.






 Love the Alex Wood pose- second only to the 'bat barrel' - type pose.










Williams Perez- has surprised many fans this year with how well he has pitched. I'm interested to see how he progresses.


OZZY!!! Fighting the temptation to gobble up all of his cards. He's small (listed at a 'generous' 5'9") but man, can he run, hit and field.


Hey, how'd they get this photo of Fried- won't pitch until next year (or perhaps instruction league?).


Thanks again, Mario, for the great cards!

1 comment:

  1. Was watching YouTube videos of Fried the other day and am really excited about Albies as well.

    ReplyDelete