Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Unreachable

I've been extremely busy at work the past couple of months and don't have much time during the day to check my twitter feed. However, I did sneak a peak quickly yesterday and was surprised at what I read:



Now, you really have to take all trade talks you hear this time of year with a grain of salt, and just because a team inquires about a player doesn't mean he's on the block. But I was a little relieved to hear that the team's asking price for my favorite current player was the moon and the stars. The team is loaded at the shortstop position in the minors, so I guess that it could be a possibility that Simmons could be dealt down the road.

For now, I'm going to show off a couple of recent additions to my Andrelton collection...




Yet another great looking Stadium Club card, showing Simmons doing what he does best: robbing an opponent of a base hit. Every card of Andrelton could feature a picture of him in the field and I would not mind a bit.


 Variation alert! An interesting photo choice here- I wonder what the story is with the fans being lined up?


2 comments:

  1. I thought that was what it was from:

    http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/483812857

    Home opener in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. I should have known it would be an occasion such as that- but didn't recall them wearing throwbacks for an opener. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete