Thursday, August 6, 2015

Always Wanted One

As I have mentioned previously, my wife rocks. Not only was she willing to let me have a controlled shopping spree on COMC.com for Father's Day, but she also got something for my birthday that I've wanted for over 35 years. I knew what it was in advance- in fact, I asked her if I could order it on eBay. She agreed and then held on to the package for about two weeks once it had arrived. Needless to say, it was a great test of my patience!

Regular readers of the blog might remember a post a few weeks ago featuring a couple of cards with Chipper, Dale and a lot of bats. In the post, I lamented about the very first wood bat I had as a youngster and how it cracked after having only used it once (a friend also used it once and was the one who cracked it in an at-bat). The bat was a George Brett model- kind of a consulation prize for not being able to get a Dale Murphy model. Well, my twelve-year old self would be pleased last night when I was finally able to open the gift.



There it is, in all of its glory. It may only be a youth model, but dangit, it's mine. 


3 comments:

  1. Awesome. Have to say I hate your header but that's how I feel right about now.. at least we get to watch these young bucks pitch and hopefully see Olivera's debut soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Makes me want to go out and track down a Tony Gwynn or Rickey Henderson for my collection.

    ReplyDelete