Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Click 'Like'

I'm really conflicted about what to do with my Facebook account. On the one hand, I've been able to reconnect with old friends I had not spoken to in years (although the communication is often very minimal), I can get news feeds (but I prefer Twitter), and keep up with family members. But... I think the 'bad' outweighs the 'good' all-too-often: the incessant political posts (even if I agree with them, I can only take so much), the narcissism and of course, the 'Click Like if you remember this' memes. Some can be funny, but again, there are just too many of them.

I rarely post on Facebook- and even more rare is the 'Click Like' meme- but if I were to post one, it might just feature a baseball card.

1998 Etch-A-Sketch #ES4



Something like 'Click Like if you remember the original iPad'- or 'Click Like if you played with one of these as a kid.' You get the idea.




It's always fun to see cards like this one, which features the work of the 'Etch-a-Sketch Kid', George Vlosich. This set contained nine cards, which were seeded one card per 36 packs. I'm not completely crazy about the card design (front or back), but I guess it beats digital cards.



Let's see little Johnny do this on his iPad. Oh, wait- there's probably an app that allows him to do just that.





1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Had a hard time drawing basic shapes on those things.

    ReplyDelete