Thursday, August 20, 2015

They Didn't Come with Bubblegum

As is the case with trade posts, I'm behind on posting the goods that Jeff from Wish They Still Came with Bubblegum sent me back in July. Jeff's a fellow Brave fan/collector, so I was excited to see what was in the envelope that arrived not too long after the celebration of our nation's birth.

The first of the two enclosed cards was this beauty-



Two things to note here: a) you can never go wrong with Dale Murphy and b) you can never go wrong with Diamond Kings. Oh, and one more thing--- Donruss totally blew it on the back of the card by saying he was an 18th-round draft pick. Uh, no he wasn't; he was the fifth overall pick in the 1974 amateur draft. Regardless, it's still a stunning card.





Jeff also included this Donruss card of Murph, which is also new to my collection.



I refer to the years 2002-2008 as 'The Lost Years,' as far as my collection goes. I had neither time nor money to invest in the hobby and so that time period is the least represented in my collection, and for good reason as there was just way too much stuff released.

But like I said, you can never go wrong with Murphy.


Thanks again, Jeff, for the trade- they were much appreciated!!

1 comment:

  1. There will be more especially now that I know your collections weakness.

    ReplyDelete