Saturday, August 8, 2015

Worthy of a Record Breaker Card

One of my favorite twitter accounts to follow is @BravesHistory, which, as you guessed it, informs its followers of different events in Braves history. There was a fact that came across my timeline Thursday that I thought should have warranted an inclusion of a 'Record Breaker' card in 1983 Topps, but one that must not have impressed the decision makers at Topps.

It was on August 6, 1982 that Braves catcher Bruce Benedict tied an MLB record by throwing out 3 Dodgers attempting to second base in one inning. I don't know how often that happens (my guess: not very), but it is one record that cannot be 'broken'- so, yes, it should have been included in the next year's set.

I would create a custom card to commemorate the feat if only I wasn't experiencing problems with my Photoshop software. Instead, I'll just feature a few of Bruuuuuuce's 1982 and 1983 cards. Enjoy!








2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty cool record. I tried to find other catchers who have accomplished that feat, but found nothing on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw an answer on, I believe, Answers.com- but now as I searched again for the names, I'm not pulling up the hit. Figures...

      Delete