Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Buried

One of my biggest hobby vices is getting behind. Behind on scanning. Behind on filing. Behind on trade posts. It seems that no matter how hard I try to remedy this problem, I just can't seem to keep from getting my baskets buried.

Baskets? What is this, Easter? Halloween? No, I'm referring to my card baskets.

About a year-and-a-half ago, I decided to buy a few baskets measuring around 4'x9'. One for trading material; one for scanning/posting; one for filing into my albums. I did this because I had a tendency to get buried in cards. Inbound and outbound cards usually ended up in stacks- often anywhere from 5" to 7" high. I bought these figuring if I kept my three stacks in baskets only 3" in height, I would have no other choice to stay on top of the game. It would look more organized; the stacks, less likely to get knocked over (which wasn't really a problem. Still, why leave it to chance?). But, as so often is the case, my plans don't always pan out how I would like them to.

One group of cards that got buried in my 'Scan and Post' basket was a team set bag of cards from Brad over at Brad's Phillies Blog. I've had these close to three months and had forgotten about them. That'll happen when your stack exceeds the recommended height.

Anyway, Brad included cards of many of my favorite Bravos:



Dale Murphy






















Andruw Jones





Signing Sighting! Always a favorite of collectors.



Andrelton Simmons




X-Fractor? Refractor Rookie Card!




and, of course, Chipper. Plenty of Chipper cards!





Brad also included many other players- too many to include in this post, but still very appreciated.

It's always a plus getting new cards and getting them posted. The one down side I'm now facing: now they might just get buried in my 'File' basket. Guess I'd better get to work.



Thanks again, Brad.




3 comments:

  1. Love that Andruw signing card. Brad sent me a nice stack of Bravos recently, us cellar dwellers gotta stick together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do! I hope to get to your recent shipment a lot quicker than I did this one. Thanks for the goods!

      Delete
  2. I have a similar way of organizing my "newer cards" that are waiting to be filed and my boxes are overflowing as well. Can't seem to keep my head above water in that area.

    ReplyDelete