Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I'm Glad He Came Back!

I don't make the trade rounds very often, but when I do it's a beautiful thing. (that sounds like it should be a Facebook meme with the most interesting man in the world, doesn't it? But I digress.) I recently had two such trades, but for today I will post only one of them because they're worthy of their own blog entries.


Greg, from My Baseball Card Comeback, replied to a recent post I had published regarding my 2015 Topps Hanger breaks and the want list that resulted from those breaks. Greg offered to help me out with some of the cards on my list.


I was blown away when I opened the bubble mailer, as there were not one- but two nice stacks of cards. Joyfully, I pulled out my checklist and began scribbling out numbers. One, two, three... sixty-four, sixty-five!! cards. That's 65 cards. 



Among the cards were a couple of former Braves...

Frenchy!!!



 Marteeeeen!!




And, perhaps the best baseball name since Chipper Jones...






Plus, Greg also threw in 7 Braves for good measure- including the always tasty Hostess ('93) Tom Glavine, a mini Aaron, and a 1994 Ted Williams Hank Aaron that's not quite lenticular (I don't know what to call it- but it's interesting!)



Thanks for the trade, Greg, and it's nice to find another blog to follow. If you haven't done so, folks, give him a follow. He's got an interesting project going- an autographed set of one of my favorite sets from the 90's: 1992 Upper Deck Baseball.



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like 'em and they helped you out! I've been enjoying your blog for a while now... Good luck with the rest of Update! and thanks for the endorsement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ol Frenchy, I'm about to go thru your update want list. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ol Frenchy, I'm about to go thru your update want list. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ol Frenchy, I'm about to go thru your update want list. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete