Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Two Greats Conjoined

Earlier this year, I saw a photo tweeted by Celebzdirect- a sports and entertainment agency- showing former Braves great Andruw Jones signing for an upcoming Topps product. And when I saw that it was for Archives- on an '89 style design, well, I probably would have jumped up and down had I not been at work.




Why all the excitement, you might ask? That's what happens when one of your favorite players is added to one of your favorite set designs. Never mind that I already had two autographs of the Curacao Kid- neither of them were on a card featuring the classic 1989 design.


It actually took a few months before I added this beauty to my collection. After the product came out, pricing on eBay was a little higher than I what thought I could get it for down the road, so I waited. And waited...before finally getting one for under my desired $10 ceiling. 






5 comments:

  1. Good deal, he sure seemed to sign alot this year. You see he's trying to make a comeback?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did; too bad we have too many outfielders- I'd love to see him back as a fourth or fifth OF'er.

      Delete
  2. Very cool blog. I am a fellow Murphy collector. Are you still looking for a Boy Scout Murphy?
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael, thanks for checking out the blog. Yes, I still am-- do you have any?

      Delete
  3. I do. Send me an email and i can explain. There are actually at least two variations of that card. Mdent11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete