Thursday, January 21, 2016

Countdown to 2016 Topps #13: Every Phamily Has Its Jokester

There must be some kind of unwritten rule that every family has a jokester. Ours does, and his name is Levi. It's the Phamily Edition of the Countdown...





I woke up a couple of weeks ago and began my normal morning routine as I prepared for work: shower, dress, make coffee, pour myself a bowl of breakfast cereal. Only this time, I noticed something odd as I was pouring my cereal: packs of baseball cards?!! Yes, it's true- my box of Rice Chex actually contained two packs of 2015 Topps Update baseball.

Now, before you run out to the store and begin putting every box of Chex you can find into your cart, let me explain. One of the Christmas presents I received from my youngest son was a box of Rice Chex. The top had been taped, so I naturally figured he had used an old cereal box to wrap a present in. Once I checked inside, though, I discovered what appeared to be an unopened package of Chex. Thinking 'that's odd', I thanked him and waited for the next present to come my way.



Getting back to that moment of discovery... as I sat there with a mouth full of cereal and trying to figure out how two packs of 2015 Topps Update found their way into my box of cereal, it dawned on me. I had failed, of course, to check the bottom of the package on Christmas morning. And then, another (more disturbing) thought popped into my head: who knows how many hands had touched those packs in the store- and now I'm eating the cereal that had been touching them? *Shrugs, continues eating cereal and goes on to open packs*




In all, there were 9 cards that were on my want list. 

Thanks again, Levi, for making your pop's day (he doesn't read this, but still...). For years I have wished for card companies to include cardboard in boxes of cereal and now my wish has come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment