Friday, February 26, 2016

Chopping it Down with the Help of Her Hands

Well, I stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand...well I pick up all the pieces and make an island, might even raise a little sand ~ Jimmi Hendrix Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

There is no mistaking the work of some artists- Rembrandt's use of light and darkness (chiaroscuro); Hemingway's short, rhythmic sentences and his preference of nouns and verbs over adjectives and adverbs; Hendrix' experimental sound and chord voicing.

One trader within our card community whose packages are unmistakable is Julie from A Cracked Bat. I received a package in the mail this week that had no return address. The first thing I saw upon opening the bubble envelope was a note from the sender, and immediately I could tell it was from Julie. What gave it away? (well, besides her name- duh!) The 'Chop Chop' line; she always finds a way to include it and something else related to clipping, cutting, cropping or chopping. It's kind of frightening, actually. Oh, wait, it's a play on my blog name.








 Other characteristics of Julie's trade material range from the surprising (autographed Dale Murphy card) to solid stuff I didn't have ('95 SP Championship Series) and everything else in between.








The content of this package didn't take me by surprise- Julie had said she was sending some Update my way. Her frustration with the product is my gain, I guess you could say. Onto the cards....



We have a current Brave



Former Braves:










Celebratory shots


Pictures of puffy-cheeked pitchers



A rare action-shot in contemporary Topps



And a pitcher whose curveball is the best pitch in an impressive repertoire.





This was no slight return (32 cards in all) for some cards I had sent Julie's way and one that chopped down what seemed to be an insurmountable mountain- finishing that 2015 Topps Update Set.


Thanks again, Julie!



Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child (Slight Return) by GlendoraDent



2 comments:

  1. So glad to help. There was a return address on the package - a small label. Looks like I need to tape these down. As cracked as I've been lately, the last thing we need is a package undeliverable which also can't be returned.

    ReplyDelete