Friday, March 4, 2016

Elvis Stamps Might Be Cool, But They're Not Dale Murphy Insert Cool

I did an eBay BIN recently for three different Dale Murphy items that were missing from my collection. It was about dang time, too; I had them in my eBay watch list for probably 8 months before finally pulling the trigger.

Before I show off the goods, however, I'm going to show off the envelope, which featured a stamp of The King.




I've never been an Elvis fan. And while I understand his popularity, I still prefer The Murph.


Three 'All-Star Game Program' inserts were the BIN's that I purchased. The first, from the 1981 All-Star game, the second is from '82 and the third from, yes, 1983. It's too bad that the '82 and '83s use the same photo. Thankfully the text on the front help to differentiate the two.






When I'm president, I'm going to make sure the United States Postal Service issues a Dale Murphy Commemorative stamp. Chop Keeper '16


2 comments:

  1. Well, you just got my vote. Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a VOL? Is the '82 an O-Pee-Chee?

    ReplyDelete