Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I Hate to Say It, But...


I hate to say it but...

The creative juices just aren't flowing.



I hate to say it but...

I made an impulse purchase that I said I wouldn't on a player I decided to stop collecting. (But only 99 cents shipped)




I hate to say it but...

Panini still can't make a Braves uniform look like a Braves uniform.



I hate to say it but...

This photo, despite having no logos and ^uniform issues^, is better than anything in 2016 Topps Series 1.




I hate to say it but...

I still haven't gotten over Atlanta trading Simmons for a pitcher who has serious command issues. 





I hate to say it but...

Panini still hasn't learned how to design a card back.



10 comments:

  1. I hate to say it, but I think I agree with you on all counts. Well, actually, I don't hate to say that at all, I just thought I'd continue your theme. Panini always screws up the Cubs' uniforms in their Donruss stuff too - they always colorize the numbers blue instead of red. You'd think that'd be an easy enough error to catch and fix, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I read somewhere that they can't do proper color schemes because it infringes upon the licensing agreement Topps has or something stupid like that. Horrible. Braves players look like they're members of the Detroit team.

      Delete
    2. I wondered if changing the colors of the numbers might be some kind of licensing thing.

      Delete
  2. I hate to say it, but half the 2016 Braves team sets feature players that aren't even Braves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to say It,but I didn't even know Simmons got traded.Wow,I thought he 'd be a mainstay for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Panini card backs are the frigging worst.

    THE.
    WORST.

    They should leave them blank and let us fill them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. Couldn't be any worse than they already are- and it could improve margins!

      Delete
  5. I hate to say it... but Panini did a terrible job of recreating the 1982 Donruss design.

    P.S. Great post though.

    ReplyDelete