Thursday, March 31, 2016

I Really Thought It'd Be Different This Time

I came home from work yesterday with a lot of tension in the shoulder and neck muscles, the culmination of two weeks worth of stress at the office. I was hoping for a massage from my wife, but she had to take my daughter to youth group shortly after we finished dinner. Since that wasn't going to happen I decided to make a trip to Walmart in search of some of their Marketside Pizza with specially marked packs of Topps baseball cards. Maybe that would help reduce the stress.

Clearly I wasn't thinking straight because I was, once again, let down upon discovering that they still don't have any of the cardboard treasures. To be honest with you, I don't even know why I feel like I need them- the cards are actually quite ugly, in my opinion. Anyway, no- I wasn't thinking straight and what's worse is the rat race that is Walmart caused my stress level to skyrocket.







I did pick up a couple of needed items as well, as two Jumbo packs of Heritage, and then found myself waiting in line for about ten minutes for three items. I then headed to the McDonalds inside the store, wanting to get a coffee. That was about another eight minute wait. At least this trip to the adventure land didn't entail me playing a ninja warrior- as Burbs called it last week.





Unfortunately I didn't get any of the short printed high-numbered cards- adding to my stress level.


1 comment:

  1. Walmarts are good for two things - raising stress levels (seriously, is it a rule that they must always be crowded?) and playing ninja warrior.

    ReplyDelete