Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Psst....

About a month and a half ago, a reader named Michael gave me a tip on an item from my Fourteen Fugitives list that was up for auction on eBay. A short time before that, Michael had contacted me and offered to send me one of my White Whales: a Boy Scouts of America Dale Murphy. I learned very quickly that an email from Michael = good things will happen.

The beauty in all this was that I would have missed out on this item; it was saved in my eBay search but somehow I didn't get notified when this item was listed. I still don't know what went wrong. But all that matters is that I ended up being the sole bidder on this much desired Dale Murphy item.





The 1991 Phillies Medford cards measure in at 6 x 4-1/8" and were issued as a 35-card set, available at Veterans Stadium throughout the 1991 season. There was also an 11-card Update set released in two series that year, including a much-desired Dale Murphy card that highlights his 2,000th career hit.



If you're reading this, Michael, thanks again for the heads up.

Now, if he can only give me some tips on finding that Update card!



1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. I have an eye out for you. Just glad I can help another Murph collector. I know how it feels to find one of those tough issues!

    ReplyDelete