Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Whore of It All

I have a love of the suspense and horror genre that began as a seven year-old watching Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds. Compared to the movies in that genre that have been released in the past 40 years, The Birds was pretty tame- but still... it creeped me out the first time I saw a flock after that.




I'm much older now and there are not many things that creep me out like they did when I was a kid. And so coming across this card from 2012 Topps brought a chuckle. I can't recall ever seeing birds on a card like this; it certainly brought back memories of Hitchcock's classic. I decided to see if there were any actors by the name of Reed Johnson that have appeared in any horror movies.

A quick search on Google brought up a hit from the IMDb, an actor whose only fil credit (listed, anyway) was for a 1975 movie titled "Wheeler." AND IT WAS A HORROR MOVIE!

Weeeeee!!!

And it gets better-- it's a cheesy B-RATE!

Here's the plot summary on IMDb: "A drifter/hitman is hired by a local business man to kidnap the local oil baron. The hitman had been reared in squalor, suffering the abuses of his whoring mama. When the baron escapes his assistant must chase him while the hitman takes care of a few loose ends!"

That's Oscar-worthy stuff right there!



3 comments:

  1. I've loved that card since the day it was released - the seagulls were getting brave in the rebuilding days, since there were less people in Wrigley at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting title. I'm wondering if you meant Horror instead of Whore though... either way, interesting title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it on purpose- played off the movie plot summary.

      Delete